Venturers is a do-it-yourself mix of fun, adventure and personal challenge that will bring you together with other young people who feel the same way.
You may find yourself exploring wilderness Australia, camping above the snowline or diving on coral reefs. You could be abseiling into a limestone cave or climbing a sheer rock face. Perhaps you’ll learn white water kayaking or ride your mountain bike on an expedition across real mountains.
South Metropolitan Region – Venturer Training Courses – 2018
- Unit Management 26 May 2018
- Initiative 26-27 May 2018
- Leadership 29-30 September 2018
- Youth Helper 8 April, 11 November 2018
Note – you can do either or both of the Unit Management and Initiative Courses, they are run one straight after the other
How to get Scouting Skills (Activity Qualifications) – Scouts Australia Institute of Training
- Scouting skills SAIT Accredited Training flowchart 17.08.2015
- Check if this is still the current method
Helpful Info and Tips – Feel free to email any suggestions or feedback to Region Office
- Award Examples A few ideas for your Unit to consider when looking for awards.
- Award Expeditions Some suggested ground rules for your Unit to debate and then establish your own guidelines. (Do your best)
- Expedition Logs Don’t know what should go into your Log?” Have a look.
- Expedition Examiner You have been asked to be an examiner for an Expedition. Some things you need to know.
- Activity Home Leader All that a home leader needs to know.