Centenary of Cub Scouts 1916 -2016
Cub Scouts came into being 100 years ago, when Lord Baden-Powell created the Cub Scout section to cater to the needs of the younger brother of the Scouts, and other youngsters.
We will be celebrating in various ways, starting with Future Scout Day at AJ2016 – the Jamboree at Cataract in January 2016.
There is a national badge, soon to be distributed by Cub Scout Leaders.
There is a national woggle, available by order, generally through your Cub Scout Leader.
There is a set of commemorative wine glasses, etched, available by order.
- Click here for the Cub Centenary Order Form for badges, woggles and wine glasses.
Our Region Cub Day Out will be a celebration of the Centenary.
- When – Sunday 22nd May 2016
- Where – Heathcote Scout Camp
- Details – see the Cub Day Out page
There will be a State celebration to be held in Sydney City
- When – Sunday 31st July 2016
- Details – see this Centenary Celebration in Sydney – Information and Registration Form
- Add to this skeleton E1 – Centenary in Sydney City to add relevant information for your Pack
- If it rains and the Government House aspect is cancelled, it will be posted on Region Website as soon as we find out
- Closing Date – 1st July – Registration form and payment at Region Office
The final activity will be held early next year – Cuboree. See separate Cuboree page for details.