YOUTH HELPER COURSE
Sunday 10th November 2019
9.30am – 3.30pm
3rd Mortdale Scout Hall – Glen Road, Oatley
Cost – $25
If you have or know of a Youth Helper or Venturer about to become a Youth Helper who would like to attend, let them know about this course.
Any venturers helping in a younger section should attend a Youth Helper Course as part of their training for service.
This will also be helpful for those venturers attending Cuboree.
Minimum age – 15 years old at date of course.
Please encourage them to complete the E1 form and return to Region Office along with payment – signed, scanned and emailed is fine.
See Youth Helper E1 form Nov 19 for details of the day, and payment details.
Enquiries – Jan Mulheron, “Starfish”
- Region Commissioner Cub Scouts
- Ph 0407 247 560
- Email email@example.com
PALAVER - CUB LEADER CAMP - 2019
21st and 22nd September 2019
Heathcote Scout Camp
Theme – “H₂OH!” – it is all about Water
Calling all Cub Leaders – whether you are new to Cubs or have been around for a while, we welcome all leaders – new leaders, trainee leaders, parent helpers thinking about becoming leaders, scout and joey leaders and all others!
- There is something for everyone, and always something new to learn
- Come along to Palaver and discover amazing things – programs, activities, meet other leaders
- If you haven’t been before – come and find out what it is all about
Fee – $70
- If you can only come on the Saturday – no problem!
- $40 to attend 9am til 5pm
- $50 to attend 9am til later – including dinner, campfire, after dinner activities
If you are unsure what it’s all about – Palaver is a Training Camp for cub leaders and will help you in your time with your cubs. Click here to find out What is Palaver.
There is a Region Working Bee at the camp on the Sunday to help get Heathcote back to it’s glamorous old self.
So as users of the camp we will take part in that for a while, then finish up with more Palaver activities.
How to register -
- Read and fill in this E1 Palaver 2019
- Scan and email it to Region Office, or mail or drop it in
- Send payment to Region Office – if by EFT, ask your Group to pay it in the normal way
- Let us know if you are coming for the full 2 days, or just on Saturday with or without dinner
- We will email an acceptance letter with further details, right after closing date.
Enquiries – Jan Mulheron, ‘Starfish’, ph 0407 247 560
Proposed closure Monday 5th August to Friday 23rd August
This is for a planned Hazard Reduction burn to keep our camp safe over bushfire season.
The almost 3-week timeframe is to allow for disruptions to the schedule due to adverse weather and other conditions.
The burn may well happen early in the timeframe and the camp can re-open earlier than planned.
We will not take bookings for the planned duration until we know the camp is re-opened.
It is suggested that any hikes be planned away from this area for the timeframe.
Enquiries – Region Office
Cub Billycart Challenge
Sunday 25th August
Open to Cubs for racing, families welcome to come along
See Billycart Challenge Flyer 2019 for details
Click here for E1 form - E1 Billycart Derby 2019
NEW REGISTRATION PROCESS -
- This event has grown so popular, we need to account for attendance in advance
- Leaders – fill out 2019 Billycart Registration Form, then email or send to Region Office
- If you can indicate if the cubs are 8, 9 or 10 years old – that would be great to let us know numbers
- Payment to be made to Region Office
- Any extras turn up on the day – pay organisers or report numbers and we can invoice the Group.
As at any good Scouting event, there will be a BBQ available selling sausage sandwiches, drinks and a cake stall.
Enquiries – Sam Shelley, 1st Heathcote Cub Scout Leader – see flier for contact details
South Metropolitan Region Scouts and
Southern Sydney River Guides
Kirrawee Gang Show 2019 – Celebrating 60 Years
Breaking News!!! Kirrawee Gang Show is so excited about bringing you their new production showcasing the talents of South Metropolitan Scouts and Southern Sydney River Guides and tickets have just gone on sale.
Kirrawee Gang Show is an amazing live theatrical performance of song, dance and comedy. The cast of over 80 members will be performing a brand new show and one you won’t want to miss. So, book your tickets now for your group or yourself now!!! Please support the Scouts and Guides in our region.
Rockdale Town Hall (448 Princes Highway, Rockdale)
9 July 2019, 7.30pm – Opening Night
10 July 2019, 7.30pm
12 July 2019, 7.30pm – Red Scarf Night
13 July 2019, 1.30pm – Matinee
13 July 2019 , 7.30pm – Final Performance
Book your tickets NOW at: http://www.kirraweegangshow.com.au/
South Metropolitan Scouts and Southern Sydney River Guides
Directions – ATTENTION ALL DRIVERS!!
- Cataract Scout Park, Baden Powell Drive, Appin – turn off Appin Road.
- One or two kms on the right you will see Boomerang Gates of Cataract Scout Park – turn in here
- There is a gate – boom-gate code is 4394#
- There are speed signs along the road – please stick to the limit, to protect all children and others inside Cataract
- Drive along this road to the very end – this is Site 5
- The road curves to the right – there is a turning circle ahead – watch for cars coming back out after dropping people off
- Turn left to park your car for the day
- Go around the turning circle to drop off any cubs and others in the drop-off zone
- Drive carefully out – look out for cars coming in to park
- Same place for pickup
- Walk through from Site 5 back to Site 4 along the track – not the road – you will see where to go once you get there
South Metropolitan Region Scouts
Are holding an Afternoon Tea function to mark the retirement of
From 21 years service in Region Office.
Sunday 7th April 2019
2pm til 5pm
Heathcote Scout Camp
Freeman Road, Heathcote
Everybody is welcome to come and help celebrate this milestone in the life of our Region
Dress – Casual, Smart Casual, or whatever you are wearing home from camp
Since Sue will continue in her volunteer uniform role – no uniform required
RSVP appreciated for catering purposes by 2nd April
Region Office, Phone 9570 4525
REGION JOEY MOB HOLIDAY
Theme – “MEDIEVAL CAMP”
When – 6th – 7th April 2019
Where – Bundilla Scout Camp – 6 Baden Powell Place, Winston Hills
Who – Joeys and one parent per joey
- $55 for the joey, $45 for the parent – $100 total
- $45 for leaders, youth helpers, rovers
See 2019 E1 Region Mob Holiday for details
- Fill out one E1 form for each person attending the camp – joey and parent, leaders etc
See Camp Gear List for what to bring – joeys to pack their own bags
Note – all parents must have their WWCC and fill out the A2 online form by 8th March, or you cannot attend – this is a NSW State Law that protects all of our children. Email the A2 form to your Joey Leader or Group Leader.
Closing date for joeys and parents – Friday 8th March.
2019 Region Mob Holiday Group Registration - must be at Region Office by 4pm
Tuesday 12th March extended until 4pm Thursday 14th March latest – with payment by Group Cheque or Group Direct Deposit – please use Group-and-Event-Reference-Codes when making deposits and sending emails to Region Office.
Enquiries – Anne Auld and Cath Beitelis, Region Commissioners Joey Scouts
- Anne Auld - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cath Beitelis - email@example.com