Venturers – Leadership Course – 17 October 2020
Where : 3rd Mortdale Scout Hall – Glen Road Oatley – where it meets Cromdale Street
When : Saturday 17th October 2020
Cost : $25.00
Closing Date – 5th October 2020 unless it closes earlier if the course is full – No Late Applications Accepted
Submit E1 form to South Metropolitan Region Office by the closing date – you will be sent an invoice for the course fee
Team building, problem solving, decision making and understanding of different Leadership styles are some of the benefits of attending this course. Whether to help you in your role in your Unit Council, assist with your part time job or to provide a solid foundation for your future career, this course is an excellent investment of your time in Scouting. A fair degree of maturity is required of those applying for this course and it is not unreasonable to expect applicants to have some experience in the Venturer Unit and should have at least have completed their Venturer Skills Award.
- A minimum age of 16 is preferred for this course. Applications for younger venturers will require the leader to contact Keith, and will go onto the waiting list until after closing date. If there are places left, you will be advised.
- Applications are open from 5th September 2020.
- Application will close 4pm 5th October. No late applications will be accepted. Course will close early once all places are filled.
- This course has a maximum number due to hall capacity limits due to COVID-19. A limit of 4 per Venturer Unit will be set to enable the maximum opportunity for all Units to attend. Applications above that will be placed on a waiting list till closing date. If there are still vacancies at that stage additional invitations will be issued.
- Full Uniform is essential, Bring your Venturer Record Book, pen and notebooks.
- Full course information will be provided within the acceptance e-mail, read the E1 form carefully.
- Note this is usually a full weekend course. You will have a full day face-to-face on the Saturday, then you will need to complete the practical activity at your home Scout Group with a younger section and have the leader provide feedback to the course leader. One further online meeting will complete the course.
Application form -
- Click here for E1 Vent Leadership Course 2020
- Once completed E1 form is received at Region Office, you will be emailed an invoice for the course fee.
- As part of the Leadership experience, the venturer should apply for this course themselves and make their own enquiries – not parents or leaders.
Enquiries : Keith Gallard, Region Commissioner Venturers, ph 0407 950 012