MHFA¬† -¬† MENTAL HEALTH FIRST AID COURSE
10th and 11th April
Heathcote Scout Camp
This 14-hour course run over two days teaches adults how to provide Mental Health First Aid to adolescents.
- Mental illnesses often start in adolescence or early adulthood and it is important to detect problems early to ensure¬†the young person is properly treated and supported.
- This course can be very helpful to you as Leaders providing you with skills to assist youth who are developing a mental health problem, experiencing a worsening of a mental health problem or in a mental health crisis.
- Look at it as¬† your “standard” first aid is first aid for the body, this is first aid for the mind
- View the¬†MHFA Flier¬†for more information about the training.
The Course will be presented in South Met on the¬†10th and 11th April.¬† Follow the link to register below.
- ¬†When:¬† Sat¬†10th April¬†2021 (9am) to Sun 11th April 2021 (4pm) – non-residential, so you get to go home for the night
- Where:¬†Heathcote Scout Camp 2 Freeman Rd, Heathcote NSW 2233 -¬†Heathcote Directions
- Cost:¬†Leader¬† $100.00
- Capacity:¬†Maximum 20 people
- Due to COVID-19 this course is non-residential
- Due to COVID-19 we ask you to bring your own food – morning and afternoon tea, lunch, any snacks and drinks
- Tea and coffee will be provided
- Open:¬†Wed 24th Feb 2021 (10.08am)
- Close:¬†Wed 7th Apr 2021 (11.59pm)
There will be other courses to follow, dates and venues to be advised.