Venturers – Leadership Course – September 2018
Where : Engadine Guide Camp
When : 29th – 30th September, 2018 – DATE CORRECTED – FIRST WEEKEND OF PUBLIC SCHOOL HOLIDAYS
Cost : $80.00
Closing Date – 10th September 2018 – No Late Applications Accepted
Submit E1 form and payment to South Metropolitan Region Office by the closing date
Team building, problem solving, decision making and understanding of different Leadership styles are some of the benefits of attending this course. Whether to help you in your role in your Unit Council, assist with your part time job or to provide a solid foundation for your future career, this course is an excellent investment of your time in Scouting. A fair degree of maturity is required of those applying for this course and it is not unreasonable to expect applicants to have some experience in the Venturer Unit and should have at least have completed their Venturer Skills Award.
- A minimum age of 16 is preferred for this course, though applicants from 15½ may be enrolled with their Leader’s recommendation – after consultation with the course leader.
- Applications are open from 23rd July 2018.
- Application will close 10th September. No late applications will be accepted. Course will close early once all places are filled.
- This course has a maximum of 25 participants and a limit of 4 per Venturer Unit will be set to enable the maximum opportunity for all Units to attend. Applications above that will be placed in a waiting list till closing date. If there are still vacancies at that stage additional invitations will be issued.
- Full Uniform is essential, Bring your Venturer Record Book, pen and notebooks.
- Full course information will be provided within the acceptance e-mail.
Application form -
- Click here for E1 Vent Leadership Course 2018
- As part of the Leadership experience, the venturer should apply for this course themselves and make their own enquiries – not parents or leaders.
Enquiries : Keith Gallard, Region Commissioner Venturers, ph 9584 2374